Western Mass Poets are invited to submit poems that resonate with the theme Motion/ Emotion. Artwork inspired by the same theme will hang at the Northmpton Arts Council's Biennial Exhibition during October in the Hosmer Gallery at Forbes Library.
The deadline for submission is Monday, October 12. The Arts Council will announce a list of accepted poets on October 19. A jury composed of Northampton’s Poet Laureate Patrick Donnelly, Perugia Press publisher Susan Kan and poet Chris Gonzalez will make selections.
Accepted poems will be posted on the Arts Council's website (www.northamptonartscouncil.
- Poets may submit up to 3 poems.
- Previously published poems are permissible.
- Submit poems as a pdf attachment to an e-mail addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Biennial Poetry in subject line.
- Judging will be blind. Include your name, address, e-mail address and phone contact in the body of the e-mail but not on your poems.
- Poems may be submitted up until midnight on the October 12 deadline.
Questions? E-mail: email@example.com.
A press release from the Northampton Arts Council.
Featured image courtesy of the Northampton Arts Council.