For the week of September 21st, weather permitting, the following work is scheduled:
Prospect Street, Massasoit Street & Woodlawn Avenue
- Monday: Warner Bros will be connecting ADA ramps to existing sidewalks.
Pomeroy Terrace & Clark Avenue
- Tuesday-Friday: Warner Bros will be adjusting structures and constructing ADA compliant ramps.
Florence Road, Pine/Spring Streets & Maple Street
- Monday, Thursday, Friday: Warner Bros will be laying our intersection adjustments, constructing ADA compliant ramps, adjusting structures and patching.
The Pine Street Bridge will be closed for repairs beginning October 5th and is anticipated to remain closed until late October.
Final paving of the milled sections of Pomeroy Terrace, Clark Avenue, Maple Street, Florence Road, Spring, Pine and Nonotuck Streets is scheduled to occur in late October or early November.
Meadow Street near Florence Fields/Community Gardens
- Heitkamp will be rehabilitating a sewer manhole for 1-2 days.
Warner Street - Hinckley Street to Maplewood Terrace
- Monday-Friday: RH White will continue replacing the gas main in advance of the sewer replacement work that is scheduled to begin in late October. The gas main replacement and service connections are anticipated to be complete by mid-October.
- Mountain View Landscapes & Lawncare, Inc. will begin the renovation of Pulaski Park starting the week of September 28th. The park will be closed to the public for the duration of the project which will be completed by June 2016. The stairway from the Roundhouse parking lot to South Street at the back of the Academy of Music will remain open.
Pulaski Park Underground Utilities
- Caracas Construction will begin installing underground utility conduit in the Roundhouse parking lot near the Roundhouse starting the week of September 28th. Parking in the aisle nearest the bus station will be restricted as needed to accommodate the construction.
Leeds Rail Trail
- Monday-Friday: Gagliarducci Construction will continue constructing an extension of the Rail Trail from the Grove Avenue connector approximately 1/2 mile toward Williamsburg. The Rail Trail will be officially closed from Florence Street and from Grove Avenue for the duration of the project, which is anticipated to be complete in late fall.
Connecticut River Levee Repair
- Monday-Friday: Kingsbury Construction Co. will continue removing vegetation and stumps along the levee. Work is expected to continue through September. During construction, sections of the levee will be closed.
- Borges Construction is scheduled to reclaim and pave Bradford St. where it was impacted by the sewer line installation starting the week of October 5th. Restoration and final cleanup will occur after paving is complete.
Unless otherwise indicated above, one way traffic will be maintained where possible, but motorists should seek alternate routes or EXPECT DELAYS along these routes, especially along Pomeroy Terrace, Clark Avenue, Maple and Pine Streets and Florence Road. Please obey directions from police officers and be considerate of the work area and other motorists.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 if you need more information.
Source: Northampton Public Works Blog