The City of Northampton is holding a public forum to gather input on parking in Northampton. This forum is part of a larger parking study currently taking place. Please come share your experiences, feedback, and recommendations. If you are unable to attend the forum an online survey is available here. You can view a copy of the public forum flyer here.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Northampton Senior Center
67 Conz Street, Northampton
The Office of the Parking Clerk is responsible for parking related matters within the City of Northampton in the following areas:
- The collection and adjudication of fines and fees resulting from the issuance of parking tickets
- Maintaining the Parking Ticket Payment and Parking Permit Systems
- Parking Ticket Appeal Process and Administrative Hearings
- The clearing of "marked" registrations and licenses through the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles upon payment of outstanding fines
- Parking Enforcement Officers
- The filing of Abandoned Vehicle Reports in accordance with MGL Chapter 90, Section 22A and Abandoned Vehicle Hearings
- Parking Permits; Residential, Long-Term Lots and E.J. Gare Parking Garage
- Meter Bag Rental Program.
Parking Division Administration
Maintenance of the city's parking lots, parking garage, on-street parking facilities, and additional responsibilities are handled by the Central Services Department. Items covered by Central Services could include:
- Location of city parking lots
- Parking meter maintenance
- Parking policies
- Related boards and committees
- Parking System Management
Featured image courtesy of SunShineCity via Flickr under Creative Commons.