FLORENCE — Area business professionals will hold a seminar to educate first-time homebuyers on legal, real estate, financial and insurance information they need to know before purchasing a home on Thursday, May 23 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Florence Civic and Business Association, 90 Park St. (next to Lilly Library).
The workshop is free and open to the public. Registration will take place that night from 6-6:30 p.m.
Presenters at the workshop include a residential insurance specialist speaking about homeowners insurance for the new homebuyer as well as the following:
- Mark NeJame, an attorney at NeJame & Kling Law Offices in Northampton and Florence with a general practice concentrating in commercial and residential real estate and business law.
- Craig Della Penna, GRI-Green Realtor, associate broker at The Murphy’s Realtors in Florence, specializes in historic houses and houses near rail trails or conservation areas and has been featured in such publications as the Wall Street Journal and the Boston Globe.
- Jeffrey Smith, vice president of Residential Lending at Florence Savings Bank in Northampton, who has been teaching banking courses/seminars and first-time homebuyer classes since 1994.
Each presentation will be 20 minutes in length and will cover the following topics:
- Reasons why it is important for homebuyers to use an attorney when buying a home.
- The changing dynamics of real estate in the 21st century and guidance on the process for first-time homebuyers.
- What potential homeowners need to know about homeowner’s insurance before buying a home.
- Homeowner banking information including loan programs, costs and fees, credit scoring and qualifying ratios.
All attendees will be entered into a drawing for a door prize.
For more information, contact Mark NeJame at (413) 584-2675 or email him at email@example.com.
Photo courtesy scarletgreen via Flickr. Used under Creative Commons license.